Contrary to popular belief – you do not need to slog it all out at the gym for more 30 minutes or even a full one hour to stay fit and healthy. All that you need is just 15 minutes. These 15 minutes come with numerous health benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- Getting results much faster. Researchers have found that a 10-minute workout with just a minute of high-intensity has the same advantages as a 45-minute jog.
- Burn more calories. Research has shown that a 13-minute HITT (high-intensity interval training) can burn more calories per minute as compared to steady-state cardio of 40 minutes.
- Live longer. Scientists have shown that those who exercise for 15-minutes are 22 percent less likely to die as compared to those who don’t.
- Manage weight. Researchers have found that those who do one set of nine exercises or about 11 minutes of strength training thrice per week can burn more fat and keep extra pounds at bay.
- Stay young. Research has shown that those who do HIITs over a period of 12 weeks can reverse age-related degeneration as compared to other individuals who follow a different workout routine.